Protect your eyesight by practicing these 8 things:
1. Notice changes in your vision and see an optometrist if you do.
2. Exercise frequently–some studies show that you can reduce your risk for macular degeneration by up to 70%
3. Check for diabetes and high blood pressure. These diseases can cause harm to the eyes.
4. Know what eye diseases run in your family if any.
5. Protect your eyes from the sun’s UV rays. Wearing sun glasses reduces your risk for cataracts and other eye damage.
6. Eat a well-balanced diet
7. Don’t smoke-smoking increases the risk of developing age-related macular degeneration and cataracts.
8. Get your eyes checked regularly-every 1 to 2 years.